Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Not My Usual Weekend

 This past weekend I did a few things I had never done before.  

Saturday a friend suggested we explore a farmer’s market called Hidden Gem.  I was pleased with the quality and variety of meat, produce and baked goods for sale.  Also, there were a couple dozen artisans selling their creative items.  The photos below show just a little sampling of what was available.

Many gluten-free products

This vendor had a variety of beautifully sewn kitchen items.  One of them being a "kitchen scarf" which you wore around your neck and at each end there was a small towel.  The photo displays the scarf on the left side.

These were bars of soap which had felted wool encompassing them to act as a washcloth.  What a  great idea!  The small remaining fragments of soap could then be placed in drawers to provide pleasing fragrance.










On our way back to the car we passed many hens and roosters roaming the grounds.  It reminded me of time spent on the family farm in Missouri.

Sunday after church I decided to take a drive out to the Old Stone Creamery.  Unfortunately it was closed, but I was able to photograph the charming structure most likely built the year the Cleburne Jersey Farm commenced in 1872.



During my walk that afternoon I passed two sights which brought joy to my heart.  A child's sidewalk chalk drawing and a plain piece of paper with the word "God" on it.  


What a delightful weekend!

Blessings to you all,

Frannie








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment