Saturday, May 11, 2024

My Two Grandmothers ~ Carolyn and Mildred






My Grandmother Nelson and Grandmother Russell shared one thing in common.  They were both born in September of 1896.  Also, they enjoyed sewing.  Other than that, they were totally different... it seemed. 

Grandma Nelson lived on a farm in Macon, Missouri and tended to hens, churned butter, fed the hired hands and everyone else who sat down at the kitchen table, mended clothing and nourished her family.  These were just a few of the things she accomplished during her day which began at the crack of dawn until after dusk.

On the other hand, Grandma Russell lived in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio.  She adored her parakeets, tended to her African violets, enjoyed watching television and created many items with her hands.  I still have many of the doll clothes she made from the 1950's.  Also, she taught me how to braid my hair!

Both women had different talents and were very special.  They influenced my life significantly.

Happy Heavenly Mother's Day to both of you...  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment