Sunday, September 1, 2024

Campbell’s Cream of Bacon Soup

My friend Jan is a marvelous cook and has her own cooking blog called “Jan CAN Cook” jancooks.com.  This morning she posted on her Facebook page her discovery of Campbell’s Cream of Bacon Soup!  I am sharing with you her enthusiastic post including her simple recipe for potatoes au gratin.  Bon appetit!


If you don't love bacon, just keep scrolling...  But if you do, oh my I just discovered this and it's wonderful.

I cook with Campbell's Soup, always have, always will, and when I saw on Instagram the other day that Campbell's makes Cream of Bacon Soup, bacon lover Jan was all over this like mayo on white.  I went online to check my local markets, Krogers didn't have it, neither did Walmart, of course Amazon had it, they have everything,  but I checked our local Publix and found it.

Last night I made potatoes au gratin, one of potato loving hubby's favorite dishes.  It's so easy, just thinly slice potato and onions, layer in a casserole dish and top with a can of soup that you have mixed with one soup can of milk and shredded cheese.  I usually bake this at 375 for an hour, covered, then uncover for an additional 15 minutes,  but I was in a rush and after 45 minutes I put them in the microwave, uncovered  for 10 minutes to speed things up and they were perfect.

And the taste?  Oh my!!!!!!!!  The bacon flavor is subtle, you can definitely taste it and there are bits of bacon in it, but it isn't overpowering, it's seriously good!  This will be a staple in my pantry now, and if you are a bacon lover like me, check your local food stores and see if you can find it.  It's the thrill of the chase 😋😋😋


Please go to her blog to see her many recipes which are both tantalizing and well-written.  Again, the blog is called jancooks.com 

Have a safe Labor Day!

Frannie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment