Saturday, August 3, 2024

A Trip to the Northeast

 I try to visit my brother and sister at least once a year.  My sister lives near Pittsburgh and my brother near Cleveland.  I could not have asked for better weather the entire ten days I was gone.

While visiting my sister, she and her friend took me to National Harbor, MD, Alexandria and Washington D.C.  What an interesting and historical area!  National Harbor sits on the Potomac River and is full of shops, restaurants and artwork.  While in Alexandria we dined at Gadsby’s Tavern where George Washington frequented.  We also toured the U.S. Naval Torpedo Station built in 1918 and the George Washington Masonic National Memorial.  There were Masons on my father’s side of my family and it was intriguing to learn of the deep values regarding politics and religion that our founding father along with the organization possessed.

The following day we visited Arlington National Cemetery and the Arlington House, Robert E. Lee’s home.  The Changing of the Guard is always so moving and memorable.  Washington D.C. and the surrounding areas are truly full of history and a must see.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment