Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Lavender Festival in Middle Tennessee

 Last Saturday I traveled about an hour west of my home.  It was a beautiful, sunny and hot day in Hohenwald TN.  Although the heat index was predicted at 107, my friend and I persevered.

The lavender fields were lovely and sat on a farm called Oak Grove.  Within the event center there were various vendors selling everything from jewelry, candy corn, baked goods and leather items to natural body lotions and canned goods.

Outside of the center a seasoned musician sat on a stool under a canopy, entertaining festival-goers who were trying to escape the oppressive heat and rays of the hot sun.

My friend decided to cut some lavender stems and the price of $10 a bundle seemed very reasonable.  I chose a lavender plant instead which would manage nicely in my well-drained Tennessee flower bed.  Meeting the German mother of the owner of Oak Grove was most certainly the icing on the cake.  She was a transplant from California and her family had constructed an adorable home perfect for her needs.  What a wonderful place to call home with lavender fields right out your front door!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment