Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Hello GiGi





I have an idea which I think may help our youth. 


I am sure many of you recall the columnist Ann Landers. Individuals could write to her and ask for advice. She did not criticize or belittle. She just gave common sense responses.


So many of our young people are struggling with bullying, low self-esteem, problems at home, etc. They have few people to whom they can confide.


I am thinking it might be beneficial to start a website/column/blog which would allow our young population to seek advice for everyday living. A place where they could go and not be ridiculed or judged. Just be given sound advice and common sense answers to everyday issues.


Having lived many years and had many experiences, the senior population would be the ideal group to give counsel. Perhaps the website/column/blog could be titled “Hello GiGi.” I would love to see this sprouting up all over America and handled by church groups, senior centers, etc.


I would be curious to have your feedback and any suggestions of the manner of initiating such a project into our community. What would the logistics be? What would the format be? How could the youth be encouraged to share their thoughts and concerns.


I would appreciate any correspondence you might give.


Blessings,


Frannie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment