Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thank You For Your Service, Michael🇺🇸

 My husband Michael was a veteran of the Vietnam War.  His brother once said to me, “the war really changed him.”  Although I met him years after he had returned stateside, I think certain thoughts haunted him.  His plane was shot down and I remember him remarking that he was glad the U.S. Navy reached the downed aircraft before the Viet Cong did.  Michael spent weeks in the Naval Hospital on Guam, and yes, that experience would change any individual.

Michael returned home and to my knowledge never had  any regrets of enlisting into the Air Force.  He used to say, “Someone had to do it.”  Michael was a true patriot and loved his country.

When living in Crossville, he decided to become a member of the local VFW Post.  The fellow Vietnam vets decided to hold a “Welcome Home” event.  People came from near and far.  Michael was deeply touched when finally after 40 years, people were approaching him to say thank you.

This Memorial Day I encourage all of you to thank a veteran for their service.  It will mean a great deal to them.🇺🇸  God bless America.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment