Sunday, May 26, 2024

Banished to the Garage

 A few years ago I purchased a 4 foot lighted birch tree to provide a place in the entryway for special decorations at Christmas.  After removing the small ornaments and foil garland once the holiday season had ended, the cherished tree would be banished to the garage until the following fall.  That seemed an appropriate time to bring it back inside since its bare branches resembled those outside.

That first autumn I found some ribbon and garland which had the warm colors of fall and draped it throughout the bare branches.  My little tree had a new purpose.  A fall decoration to welcome visitors into my home.  Again, the following January the Christmas adornments were removed and regrettably taken to the garage.  I was disappointed that the little tree I cherished needed to be put elsewhere!

Then the next year I followed the same bedazzling for both autumn and Christmas but this time added red foil hearts and garland for Valentine’s Day and endearing objects for Spring and Easter.  My little twig tree was gaining more status as a very important seasonal decoration.

This Memorial Day Weekend marks the beginning of summer and yes, I have decided to dress my beloved tree in red, white and blue!  I purchased a string of ❤️🤍💙 lights and glittery star garland in patriotic colors.  I am ready for the summer holidays.

Blessings,

Frannie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment